We are looking for a talented senior Elixir software engineer who is an experienced problem solver, able to break down complex issues into actionable steps and tasks. The ideal candidate will have a passion for writing clean, secure and maintainable code, and be willing and eager to share their knowledge with others on the team. They will bring a sense of curiosity to their work, always striving to find the best, and most appropriate, solutions for the task at hand. They should take pride in crafting robust systems that are built to last.
At Enzai, we are extremely excited at the prospect of leveraging technology to solve difficult problems, and have a positive impact on the world.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Lead projects and features throughout the full software development lifecycle
- Write clean, well-documented and well-tested code
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other engineers
- Identify and advocate for impactful improvements to code quality and system architecture
- Produce technical requirements and specifications from product design criteria
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior and mid-level engineers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, designers and other stakeholders
- Develop proof-of-concepts and prototypes
- Support successful deployment of applications and features
- Monitor application performance and optimise where possible
- Clearly communicate status, issues and technical details to non-technical stakeholders
- Self-starter, with a high level of intellectual curiosity and grit
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Expert-level knowledge of Elixir
- Experience building web applications with Phoenix + LiveView
- Strong understanding of functional programming principles
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Ability to write performant and scalable systems
- Familiarity with AWS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Passion for learning and adopting new technologies
- Competitive salary (£70k to £85k, depending on experience)
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup for the right candidate
- Work laptop
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited annual leave
- Regular team lunches
- Christmas shut down period
We’re Enzai, and we’re on a mission to ensure that AI is safe and trustworthy for the future. Our software helps enterprise companies understand and manage the risks that come with building and deploying AI, whilst meeting their emerging regulatory obligations.
Made up of a team of lawyers and engineers, backed by some of the best venture capital funds in Europe. AI has enormous potential, and we want to make sure it fulfils that...with your help.
We’re excited to see technology solve difficult problems and have a positive impact on the world.
In the face of uncertainty, we are resolute, taking swift and decisive action to execute our goals with impactful results.
We embrace challenges, reinvent processes, and redefine norms, striving for continuous innovation and progress
Conversations with our clients and team fuel our growth and development, helping us in our relentless pursuit of excellence.
Integrity drives us to prioritise right choices for clients and staff, empowering positive impacts that resonate within and beyond.
Remote GMT +/-2. We’re based in Belfast, with access to an office here and/or in London if you wanted to come in.
We're an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity—in all its forms.
No matter your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, you're welcome here. We appreciate what makes you unique.
Committed to driving diversity and inclusion in tech, we’re fully aligned with the Tech Talent Charter mission to make team as diverse and inclusive as possible in measurable ways.